Sleeve Gastrectomy

This type of surgery is currently the most popular form of obesity surgery. It is also known as “Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy” or “Gastric Sleeve Surgery” In this surgery performed for obesity, the doctor removes approximately 80% of the patient’s stomach. The remaining 20% of the stomach takes on a shape similar to a banana. Sleeve gastrectomy has many different aspects that facilitate weight loss. First and foremost, this procedure significantly reduces the size of the stomach, which means it cannot hold as much food at once. As a result, the patient cannot consume the same amount of calories as before.

Furthermore, most of the benefits come from the effects on the intestinal biome. The reduction in stomach volume affects the hormones present in the intestines. These hormones regulate specific factors such as hunger, satiety, and blood sugar levels.

Detailed research shows that sleeve gastrectomy is as effective as gastric bypass surgery. These studies demonstrate that it is just as effective as gastric bypass in facilitating weight loss. Moreover, this obesity surgery also proves to be beneficial in improving symptoms of type 2 diabetes.



  • Greatly limits the patient’s food intake.
  • Yields significant results rapidly.
  • Shows a similar weight loss rate and pattern to gastric bypass surgery.
  • The procedure does not involve any bypassing or rearrangement of the gastrointestinal system.
  • Patients do not need to stay in the hospital for an extended period compared to other types of obesity surgeries.
  • This operation leads to different behavior of intestinal hormones, resulting in reduced hunger, decreased appetite throughout the day, and prolonged satiety.


  • This procedure is irreversible, and the stomach volume cannot be restored to its previous state. Patients who undergo this operation may experience vitamin deficiencies.
  • Compared to adjustable gastric banding, this surgery has a slightly higher rate of early complications.

Why Pay More?

When it comes to surgical or non-surgical obesity treatments, the price can vary a lot. But here's the thing: you don't have to pay extra to get excellent service. At Istanbul Bariatric Group, we believe in providing top-quality care without breaking the bank.

Our team of skilled surgeons and caring medical professionals is dedicated to giving you the best experience possible. We have a state-of-the-art facility in Istanbul where we perform both surgical and non-surgical obesity treatments at an affordable price. We've invested in the latest technology to ensure your comfort and safety throughout the process.

With Istanbul Bariatric Group, you'll receive personalized attention from the moment you walk in. We'll take the time to understand your needs and create a treatment plan that works for you. And even after the procedure, we'll be there to support you with comprehensive post-operative care.

Why pay more when you can get exceptional service and achieve your weight loss goals without breaking the bank? Choose Istanbul Bariatric Group and take the first step towards a healthier and happier life. We're here to provide top-quality care at a price that makes sense for you.

City Cost
ENGLAND 9,000£
USA 16,000$ - 22,000$
Istanbul Bariatric Group 4,200€